BD File Hash is a convenient file hashing and hash compare tool for Windows which currently works with MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512 algorithms.
The goal behind BD File Hash is to have a super simple to use hashing tool which doesn't force you to copy/paste hash strings between documents and applications to match them.
Tell us (Only 1 question): how often do you verify file hashes? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S98MKHSPlease comment or rate this application to help it grow and develop into a more useful tool.Functionality List
Screen ShotsScreen ShotsRequirements
- Create hashes using MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512
- Please suggest any others you may need
- Right click a file and "Send To" BD File Hash
- Parses the hash string from a text file (no copy/pasting from a text editor)
- When you hash a file, a similar named text file will be scanned for a hash value and written to compare hash field
- Compare two files with just a few clicks
- Save a default hash type
- Hash any string of text by pasting it into a text field
- New Send current hash value to Virustotal to check the file against their virus reports
- Other user options see Screen Shots
BD File Hash has been tested and found 100% clean by SoftpediaLooking for your help!
There have been inquiries on adding a batch mode to BD File Hash. I certainly understand the usefulness of such a feature, I am just not positive on the most useful way to implement it. A few thoughts:
- What types of outputs, CSV, Excel, tab delimited, MS Access, other db file?
- Hash a whole directory of files to a text file?
- Compare a directory of files with a file of hashes?
- compare two directories?
Suggestions and comments will be helpful to create this new feature. If you have any ideas or suggestions please add them to work item, Batch Mode Hashing
, which is being used to manage this task or discuss the options in discussion Methods to add batch hashing mode
Thank you for your help in improving this application!